Hi and welcome!
Yesterday night I installed Kubuntu 7.04 on an old IBM laptop of mine (from the time IBM laptops were actually from IBM) . Canonical has really done a good work in making the installation process work like a charm. The main reason for setting Kubuntu up was to use the laptop as a HTPC playing audio, recording TV and so forth.
The first thing I tried to get working was mounting a windows share and playing a couple of mp3’s from my library. After adding the required restricted format from the repository I thought I was home safe but Amarok didn’t start no more…
I turned to Google and after a while I found this bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/amarok/+bug/8971
To kill all that has to do with Amarok did it!